Education & Training Committee
Education & Training Committee encourages National Member Organisations to facilitate practitioners' attainment of competence and excellence in the application of physical sciences to medicine. Responsible also for co-ordinating across the NMOs the establishment and maintenance of the means of recognition of competence and excellence of those working as Medical Physicists.
- European School for Medical Physics Expert (ESMPE)
The ESMPE organises medical physics education and training events specifically targeted towards Medical Physicists who are already Medical Physics Experts or would like to achieve MPE status. These events are open to all European Medical Physicists and are accredited by an independent body (the European Board of Accreditation for Medical Physics) to ensure that they are at the required educational level, i.e., Level 8 of the European Qualifications Framework.
Find more information at: https://www.efomp.org/index.php?r=pages&id=esmpe-about
- EFOMP’s Examination Board (EEB)
EEB has been established to facilitate the harmonization of Medical Physics education and training standards throughout Europe. EEB introduces the European Diploma of Medical Physics (EDMP) and the European Attestation Certificate to those Medical Physicists that have reached the Medical Physics Expert level (EACMPE). EEB examinations are tests of excellence in Medical Physics. They are designed to assess the knowledge, skills and competences requisite for the delivery of high standard Medical Physics services.
Find more information at: https://www.efomp.org/index.php?r=pages&id=eeb-about
- EFOMP e-learning platform https://www.efomp.org/index.php?r=pages&id=e-learning The EFOMP e-learning platform is accessible to all Individual Associate Members (IAM) of EFOMP. IAM status is open not only to European Medical Physicists but to all colleagues around the world who are interested in continuing their medical physics education and training.
- EFOMP ERASMUS+ voluntary traineeships in Medical Physics and/or Radiation Protection. The general aim of the traineeships is to attract more physics and engineering students (Bachelor and Master programs) to the Medical Physics profession by providing them with a voluntary opportunity to experience the work in a clinical and/or academic Medical Physics department (public or private) outside their own country. See related documents in attachments.
- Core Curricula for Medical Physics Core curricula aim to define a baseline standard for the education and training Medical Physicists (MP) and Medical Physics Experts (MPE) in various disciplines .https://www.efomp.org/index.php?r=fc&id=core-curricula
External and independent evaluation of Medical Physics educational programs to determine if standards are met is an important process to ensure the quality of services.The European Federation of Organisations for Medical Physics (EFOMP) established the European Board for Accreditation in Medical Physics (EBAMP) in 2016. EBAMP is an independent organisation that accredits medical physics education and training events. It does this by allocating Continuous Professional Development (CPD) credits depending on the number of hours of education and hands-on training required of participants. Detailed information can be found at http://www.ebamp.eu/
ET committee introductory course
Endorsement of educational events Size: 92,75 KB