European Medical Physics News edition Autumn 2017
Publication Date: Jan 3rd, 2018 19:44, Category: EFOMP Announcements
The EFOMP Communications & Publications Committee is responsible for the representation and promotion of the application of physical sciences to medicine in the public. This includes:
- Management of the EFOMP website and Social media (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook accounts) including a database of the addresses of the officers and delegates of the NMOs as provided by them.
- Publication of the European Medical Physics News in electronic form.
- Responsibility for the publication of EFOMP policies and presentational material on the structure and activities of EFOMP
- Maintaining contact to journals recognised as official journals of EFOMP.
- Support for public relations activities and for the dissemination of information on EFOMP educational activities and seminars to enhance the education, competence and continuing professional development of medical physicists across Europe.
- Promoting international links among NMOs and other professional bodies.
We have just released the Autumn 2017 issue of the EFOMP newsletter, EMP News:
As you may have seen in the Summer as well as in this Autumn issues, EMP News intends to dedicate attention to the activity of young medical physicists all over Europe, via presentation of their work.
Release of next issues is foreseen in 2018 on 1 March (Spring issue), 1 June (Summer issue), 1 September (Autumn issue), 1 December (Winter issue).
We encourage submission, via NMO delegates, of short articles to EMP News, by PhD students, resident physicists, graduate students in medical physics, illustrating the highlights of their research, also in the form of interviews.
We also encourage submission of announcements and reports of events of interest for our European community of medical physicists. A specific type of welcome articles refers to the illustration of recent research highlights in medical physics, in particular from European centers. Educational and professional news will also be of interest for EMP News. News from national IDMP events are welcome.
Articles should normally be no longer than 600 words, with color figures and figure legends, in the form of a MS Word file and separate high resolution image files, plus a photo of the author(s) and corresponding 50-word biography. Articles should be sent to email@example.com at least two weeks before the publication date.
NMOs are also encouraged to nominate their representatives to the CP Committee.
A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
EFOMP Communications & Publications Committee