PhD candidate for Quality assessment of MRI exams using AI- powered tools and big data analytics project
Position: PhD student
Institution: Qaelum NV
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Application closes at: Aug 1st, 2021 10:53
In many hospitals it is a daily challenge to run the MRI department at top level, due to the constant stream of all types of patients, the many different exam protocols and MRI scanners, the complicated MRI physics aspects and the burden on manpower in general. Moreover, MRI exams are not without risk, due to the huge static magnetic field that is at the core of the modality.
Qaelum and the MRI physicists of UZ Leuven have outlined the plan to (1) address a set of scientific challenges in measuring the quality and/or detecting specific problems associated to MRI applications, (2) work out new software tools using big data and AI approaches for real-time problem solving or quality optimization and (3) automate quality assessment further enhancing patient safety.
- You have a master degree in engineering or physics or equivalent
- You get energy from exploring big datasets (incl. machine learning, deep learning)
- You achieved good grades during your education
- You have developed your research skills during your master studies
- You have a keen interest in medical imaging
- You can work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary research team
- You have excellent knowledge of English, both in speaking and writing.
Possibility to explore a Baekeland PhD program in a young, ambitious and international spinoff company (Qaelum) in close collaboration with the top academic Medical Physics & Quality Assessment group (Prof. Hilde Bosmans) of the KU Leuven (Department of imaging and pathology). This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in both working for a commercial medical device company as well as conducting academic research while having a real impact with your future PhD results on patients’ diagnoses and treatments.
For more information please contact:
- UZ Leuven:
- Prof. Hilde Bosmans (academic promotor, email@example.com)
- Niki Fitousi (co-promotor, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tom Van Herpe (email@example.com)
- Jurgen Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can apply for this job no later than July 31, 2021. The project will be submitted in September 2021. Start of the project is January, 2022. It is possible to do an internship at the company during the transition period. Qaelum and KU Leuven seek to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, do not hesitate to contact us.