Senior Physicist, Dublin, Ireland
Position: Senior Physicist
Institution: Mater Private Hospital
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Application closes at: Feb 25th, 2021 17:00
The Medical Physics team is required to provide scientific support to ensure that the Radiology, laser and phototherapy services are delivered safely, effectively, in compliance with all relevant regulations, and to the necessary standards set by professional bodies across the Mater Private Network. The Mater Private currently provides medical physics services across eight sites including corporate RPA/MPE services. The post will be primarily based in Eccles St. Dublin 7, Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform QA of non-ionising and ionising Radiology equipment.
- Perform nuclear medicine laboratory & therapeutic procedures.
- Radiation Protection support for Nuclear Medicine.
- Scientific support and safety evaluations in MRI.
- Medical Physics Expert for X-ray and Nuclear Medicine equipment.
- Provide on-going support for new protocols/services in Radiology.
- To contribute to audits to inform patient management and clinical care.