Medical Physicist position at the Skandion Clinic
Position: Medical Physicist
Institution: Skandion Clinic
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Application closes at: Jun 30th, 2020 23:59
The Skandion Clinic, situated in Uppsala, is the first dedicated clinical facility in Scandinavia for highly advanced proton beam treatments. The clinic utilises some of the latest equipment for particle therapy and has been in operation since August 2015 treating patients with scanned proton beams in two treatment rooms.
Responsibilities of the advertised position include, but are not limited to, quality assurance on all equipment, including the proton therapy system and any other equipment that requires daily, monthly or annual QA, patient specific QA, as well as supporting the clinical activities in radiation therapy by validating and preparing dose plans for patient specific QA, validating verification CTs for undergoing treatment, evaluating patient specific QA measurement.
- Relevant medical physics education
- Practical experience on quality assurance programs or commissioning of clinical scanned beam proton therapy systems
- Radiation or particle therapy experience
- Certification as Swedish medical physicist
- Research experience in medical physics