University Hospital of Geneva
Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
Start date : The position is available immediately, starting date upon agreement.
Application deadline : September 5th, 2014
Employment fraction : Full-time
City : Geneva, Switzerland
The cyclotron unit of the university hospital of Geneva is looking for an experienced cyclotron engineer to operate
our 18 MeV medical cyclotron for production of radiopharmaceutical.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Manage the operational and maintenance activities of our 18 MeV IBA medical cyclotron.
• Plan and participate to the production of radiopharmaceuticals in accordance to the in-house clinical demand, as well as
• Assist the research and development team for the development and validation of new radioisotopes and
• Provide radioprotection expertise to the laboratory and ensure continuous training of the staff.
• Assist the head of the cyclotron unit and the head of the Nuclear Medicine division for planning clinical and research
activities and meeting expectations for growth and development of our program.
• Master or equivalent engineering degree in nuclear physics applied to cyclotron and radionuclide productions.
• Professional experience in operation and maintenance of a cyclotron required.
• Experience in the GMP production of radiopharmaceuticals preferred but not required.
• Fluent in French and English.
You will be working in a highly stimulating and multidisciplinary team at the Universit Hospital of Geneva. You will be
contributing to the daily production of clinical radiopharmaceuticals. The position will be hosted at the cyclotron unit which is
part of the Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging at the University Hospital of Geneva, a research-intensive,
internationally oriented University that carries out both fundamental and clinical scientific research. It is highly inter- and
multidisciplinary focused and strives for international excellence.
Please apply under www.hug-ge.ch --> emplois --> Job number 6415