Job opportunities in Medical Physics:
Klinikk for bildediagnostikk
Physicist in medical imaging (PET/CT/MR/nuclear medicine)
St. Olavs Hospital is establishing PET/CT and PET/MR in 2013. Clinic of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine is applying for one or two physicists. The new physicist(s) will be part of a team of six physicists in nuclear medicine, radiology and MR, organized in Department of Image Technology.
• Involvement in the process of establishing PET/CT and PET/MR.
• Quality assurance of nuclear medicine equipment, including PET/CT and PET/MR.
• Establishment and quality assurance of procedures for handling of radioactive isotopes.
• Radiation protection.
• User support and guidance.
• Development and optimization of protocols.
• Involvement in technical and clinical research projects.
• Much of the work is in cooperation with medical doctors, nuclear medicine technologists and radiographers. Work tasks for the new physicist(s) will depend of the applicants competence, in relation to the competence of the physicists in the clinic.
Level of education:
• Master degree or similar
• Good working relationships between professions
• Like interdisciplinary team work
• Contribute to a good academic and social environment
• Know Norwegian and/or English written and oral.
• Salary by agreement.
• An exciting job with development opportunities.
• Challenging and varied work.
• Training will be provided.
• Job percentage: 100%
• Permanent position
• Utdanningstittel: Physics
• Masters degree in physics or similar
• Knowledge in physics and mathematics
• It is an advantage if the applicant has:
- Experience in nuclear medicine, and specially in PET
- Experience in computing/imaging
- Experience in CT and/or MR
- Specialization in medical physics
Place of work:
• St. Olav Hospital HF, 7030 Trondheim, Norway
• Roar Sunde, Head of department, Department of Image Technology, +47 72576244
• Marianne Leirdal Stokkan, Head of department, Department of nuclear medicine, + 47 72825232
Referanse no: 1692414932
Application deadline: 15.03.2013
Westdeutsches Protonentherapiezentrum Essen (WPE) gGmbH, a 100% daughter of the re- nowned University Hospital of Essen, located in the middle of the Ruhrian Region, Germany, is seeking several dynamic and experienced
Medical Physicists (m/f)
The scope of possible responsibilities of the successful candidate involves:
Participation in the commissioning and acceptance testing of all proton therapy equipment.
Performance of daily calibrations of all therapy equipment and radioactive sources.
Handling of radiation measuring equipment, treatment planning systems, and Record and
Verify system, knowing XiO and Mosaiq is a plus.
Enforcement of Medical Physics QA procedures, which include periodic QA for the proton
beam system and image equipment such as CT and MRI.
Data measurement, analysis and entry for treatment planning and testing new versions of
Developing treatment plans and review the accuracy/appropriateness of computerized pa-
tient treatment plans in consultation with the physicians to achieve optimal cancer patient
Performing patient-specific QA measurements and assisting in the selection/specifications
of any complex beam devices required to protect critical structures.
Taking over radiation safety and reporting functions in accordance with regulations.
The successful candidate should be board certified or eligible for board certification (German Fachkunde or comparable certifications). Experience in proton therapy is of advantage but not necessary, while proven record in conventional radiation therapy is required. The successful can- didate works in a dynamic and interdisciplinary team and is able to reach best performance with all team members.
WPE provides a fully equipped proton therapy center with a proton beam technology from IBA, three gantries and one combined horizontal and eye-treatment fixed beam room. First patient treatment is scheduled soon. Payment is related to the responsibility of the position and the expe- rience of the successful candidate.
Positions are open with immediate effect. WPE is an equal opportunity employer. Women and physically handicapped are particularly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate should submit informative application documents including desired sala- ry and earliest possible entrance date to Westdeutsches Protonentherapiezentrum Essen gGmbH, Kai Züger, Hufelandstr. 55, 45147 Essen, Germany.